Actemra Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportThere are a number of possible side effects with Actemra that you should report to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- High cholesterol
- Signs of low blood platelets, such as easy bruising or bleeding
- Signs of a tear (perforation) of the stomach or intestines, such as:
- A sudden change in bowel habits
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Symptoms of an infection, such as a cough, chills, fever, or weakness
- Cancer symptoms of any type
- High liver enzymes (found using a blood test)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, wheezing, difficulty breathing, or unexplained swelling.
It is possible that you may experience some or none of the Actemra side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have reactions from a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Actemra or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a reaction to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.