General Information on Dosing With AdalimumabSome considerations for people taking adalimumab include the following:
- Adalimumab is taken as an injection, usually once a week or every other week.
- The injection is given just under the skin (subcutaneously), not into the muscle.
- Your healthcare provider may give you the injections, or you can give the injections to yourself if you feel comfortable doing so.
- If you will be giving your own injections, your healthcare provider should show you exactly how to inject adalimumab.
- For adalimumab to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to adalimumab or your adalimumab dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.