Do the Symptoms Come on Fast or Slow?It depends on the type of arthritis. For a type of arthritis like gout, a person can feel fine when he or she goes to bed, but may wake up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain. On the other hand, osteoarthritis may cause little pain in the early stages and can take many years to cause significant damage.
Final Thoughts on Arthritis SymptomsThere is not a classic set of symptoms for arthritis. This is because there are so many types of arthritis. Even within one type of arthritis, there are a number of different ways that symptoms can present. However, if you develop any pain, tenderness, or other problems in a joint or joints, contact your healthcare provider. He or she will be able to diagnose the problem and recommend treatment for your particular situation.
You can also read more about the symptoms of each type of arthritis by clicking on any of the following eMedTV articles:
- Osteoarthritis Symptoms -- this is the most common form of arthritis. When people use the word "arthritis," they often mean osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms.
- Gout Symptoms.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Symptoms.
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis Symptoms.
- Reactive Arthritis Symptoms.
- Septic Arthritis Symptoms.