More Drug Information on Arthrotec
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Arthrotec include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth three to four times a day, although some people may take it twice a day.
- Arthrotec should be taken with a meal.
- Try to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level in your blood.
- Do not crush, cut, or chew Arthrotec. The tablets should be swallowed whole.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Arthrotec your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The reason you are taking the medication
- How you tolerate it
- Other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Arthrotec Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of ArthrotecJust like any medicine, Arthrotec may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Arthrotec include but are not limited to:
(Click Arthrotec Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)