Azulfidine EN-Tabs Dosage
Rheumatoid ArthritisThe recommended dose for rheumatoid arthritis is Azulfidine EN-tabs 1000 mg twice daily, although it is recommended to start at a lower dose and slowly increase it. Your healthcare provider will tell you how often to take your Azulfidine EN-tabs and how to increase the dosage.
Juvenile Rheumatoid ArthritisFor juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in children age six and up, the recommended dose is 30 mg to 50 mg per kg (about 13 mg to 23 mg per pound) per day, split up into two doses. Your healthcare provider should start your child with a lower dose and slowly increase it to the recommended amount.
General Information on Dosing With Azulfidine EN-TabsConsiderations for people taking Azulfidine EN-tabs include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth, usually two to six times per day.
- Azulfidine EN-tabs can be taken with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Do not crush, chew, or break Azulfidine EN-tabs, as this will destroy the special coating.
- Azulfidine EN-tabs should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Azulfidine EN-tabs will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Azulfidine EN-tabs or your Azulfidine EN-tabs dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without discussing it with your healthcare provider.