When and How to Take Azulfidine EN-TabsGeneral considerations for when and how to take Azulfidine EN-tabs include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth, usually two to six times per day.
- It is best to take Azulfidine EN-tabs just after meals.
- Do not crush, chew, or break Azulfidine EN-tabs, as this will destroy the special coating.
- The medication should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level of in your blood.
- For Azulfidine EN-tabs to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Azulfidine EN-tabs that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Your age and weight
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Azulfidine EN-Tabs Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Azulfidine EN-TabsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Azulfidine EN-tabs. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Azulfidine EN-tabs include but are not limited to:
- A loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- A reversible low sperm count in men.
(Click Azulfidine EN-Tabs Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)