More Information About Celebrex
When and How Do I Take It?General considerations for when and how to take Celebrex include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is taken once or twice a day, depending on the condition being treated. Celebrex typically is taken with a glass of water, with or without food. People taking 400 mg of Celebrex should take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
- You can take this drug in the morning or at night. However, you should take it at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the capsules. If necessary, you may open the capsules and sprinkle the contents on a spoonful of cool or room temperature applesauce. This should be swallowed immediately and followed with water (although the medication is stable in the applesauce for up to six hours under refrigeration).
- For Celebrex to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the risk of serious side effects.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Celebrex your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition you are being treated for
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking
- Your weight (for children).
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless specifically instructed by your healthcare provider to do so.
(Click Celebrex Dosage for more information.)