Taking Celebrex Safely
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Celebrex?Prior to taking the drug, tell your healthcare provider if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Bleeding problems (or are taking blood-thinning medication)
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of these problems
- Any allergies to medicines, including sulfa drugs, aspirin, or other NSAIDs.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant (see Celebrex and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Celebrex and Breastfeeding)
- Drinking alcohol frequently
- Recovering from heart surgery.
In addition, tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Celebrex Precautions and Warnings to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)