Celebrex Pain Medicine
Available only by prescription, Celebrex® (celecoxib) is a medicine that can treat pain and help reduce inflammation in the body. Specific uses of this product include the treatment of osteoarthritis, menstrual pain, and ankylosing spondylitis, among other conditions.
Most people are able to take this pain medicine without any problems. However, Celebrex may not be suitable for everyone. For example, this drug can sometimes cause serious side effects, and if you have certain medical conditions, it increases your risk. Before taking Celebrex, tell your healthcare provider if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Bleeding problems (or are taking blood-thinning medication)
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of these problems
- Any allergies to medications, including sulfa drugs, aspirin, or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
(To read more about this medicine and how it can treat pain, click Celebrex. Topics discussed in this article include how to take it, safety issues to be aware of, whether it can be used in children, and more.)