Substitutes for Celebrex
If you find that Celebrex® (celecoxib) is not working as well as you had hoped, or if you are experiencing bothersome or potentially serious side effects, one of the many substitutes for this medicine can be considered instead. This product is generally well tolerated, but is not appropriate for everyone.
Substitutes for Celebrex can include:
- Other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs)
- Biologic response modifiers
- Hyaluronic acid injections
- Weight control
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS).
Which option you choose will depend on several different things, including other approaches you have tried up to this point. Discuss your needs and expectations with your healthcare provider. Together, the two of you can make a decision that is right for you.
(Click Celebrex Alternatives to learn more about each of these substitute treatment options, including specific products and pros and cons to consider.)