Discussing Daypro With Your Doctor
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns that people using NSAIDs other than aspirin, including Daypro, may have a higher risk of having a heart attack or stroke than those who do not take NSAIDs. This risk may be higher in people who have been taking NSAIDs for a long time. These events can occur without warning and can lead to death, so tell your doctor if you have or ever had any of the following:
- Heart disease or a heart attack
- A stroke
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol.
You should also talk to your healthcare provider prior to taking Daypro if you have:
- Congestive heart failure
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Bleeding problems or are taking a medicine that decreases the blood's ability to clot
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of either condition
- Any allergies to medicines, including aspirin or other NSAIDs.
Let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant (see Daypro and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol frequently
- Are having or have recently had heart surgery.
Also, tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Daypro Precautions and Warnings to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)