Daypro Precautions and Warnings
Before taking Daypro, it's important to be aware of the precautions and warnings for the drug. Certain people should not use Daypro, including those who are allergic to the medicine, have an active bleeding condition, or have recently had open heart surgery. Precautions and warnings with Daypro also extend to possible side effects, such as heart attack or stroke, congestive heart failure, and liver damage.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Bleeding problems or are taking a medicine that decreases the blood's ability to clot
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of either condition
- Any allergies to medicines, including aspirin or other NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
Let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol frequently
- Are having or have recently had heart surgery.
Also, tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.