Dosing With Etodolac
Considerations for people taking etodolac include the following:
- Your dosage should be taken with a glass of water. Taking it with milk or food may prevent stomach upset.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the chances of serious side effects occurring.
- Etodolac should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of medicine in your blood.
- For etodolac to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you take it differently from how your healthcare provider recommends.
- If you do not take your etodolac as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not double the dose or take etodolac with other NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). It is, however, okay to take it with acetaminophen (Tylenol®).
- If you are unsure about anything related to etodolac or have questions about your dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking etodolac without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.