Who Will Be on My Child's Treatment Team?

Who Treats Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis?

The special expertise of rheumatologists in caring for patients with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis is extremely valuable. Pediatric rheumatologists are trained in both pediatrics and rheumatology and are best equipped to deal with the complex problems of children with arthritis and other rheumatic diseases.
However, there are very few such specialists, and some areas of the country have none at all. In such circumstances, a team approach involving the child's pediatrician and a rheumatologist, with experience in both adult and pediatric rheumatic disease, provides optimal care for children with arthritis. Other important members of the team include physical therapists and occupational therapists.
Top Foods to Fight Inflammation

Juvenile Arthritis

Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2019 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.