As a diabetic, you probably know a lot about the signs and symptoms that go along with abnormal blood sugar levels.
· difficulty with your vision
· shortness of breath
· feeling slow or tired
· not getting better from a cold or flu
· having infections that don't go away or don't get better
· feeling very thirsty
· needing to go to the bathroom a lot, or
· feeling hungry all of the time.
After your procedure, these symptoms may indicate a problem. For example, an infection at the procedure site can make blood sugar control difficult and may require IV antibiotics to treat the infection. To help identify what is causing the symptoms, you may be asked to have more frequent blood sugar checks. It is important to report any changes to your doctor as soon as possible so that the appropriate treatment can be started if necessary.