Arthritis Home > What to Do If You Gain Weight on Celebrex
Celebrex and Gradual Weight Gain: SuggestionsIf you are noticing a gradual weight gain while taking Celebrex, however, there are some lifestyle modifications that you can try. Some suggestions include:
- Eat a heart-healthy diet. This diet should include:
- Lots of fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts
- Few foods with saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars.
- Get regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.
- Limit your intake of alcohol.
If the gradual weight gain continues, talk to your healthcare provider. He or she may recommend other lifestyle choices or possibly switch you to another pain-relief medication.
(Click BMI Calculator to see if your weight is within a healthy range.)