Arthritis Home > Warnings and Precautions With Flurbiprofen
There are a number of warnings to be aware of before taking flurbiprofen. For example, certain people should not take the drug, including those who have an active bleeding condition and those who are allergic to any components of flurbiprofen. Some other flurbiprofen warnings and precautions relate to potential drug interactions, the risk of a serious rash, and the risk of a heart attack or stroke in some people taking the medicine.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or failure
- Kidney disease or failure
- Bleeding problems (or if you are taking a medicine that decreases the ability of your blood to clot)
- Nasal polyps
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE)
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of either condition
- Any allergies to medicines, including aspirin or other NSAID pain medicines.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol frequently
- Are having or have recently had heart surgery.
Also, tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.