Arthritis Home > Glucosamine Benefits
Although there may be several benefits of glucosamine, the dietary supplement is primarily known for its use as an osteoarthritis treatment. Most researchers think that glucosamine works for arthritis by decreasing inflammation, stimulating chondrocytes, and decreasing the production of certain compounds that degrade cartilage. However, more research is needed to confirm these supposed benefits.
- Medicines (see Osteoarthritis Medication)
- Exercise (see Arthritis and Exercise)
- Other pain-relief options
- Surgery (see Hip Replacement or Knee Replacement)
- Alternative therapies (see Acupuncture for Osteoarthritis or Natural Cures for Arthritis).