Arthritis Home > Lodine XL Dosage
Lodine XL dosage recommendations will vary from person to person depending on several factors, including your body weight and other medications you may already be taking. For treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis symptoms, the recommended dose is 400 mg to 1000 mg once daily. For juvenile rheumatoid arthritis symptoms, the suggested dosing will be based on body weight and generally ranges from Lodine XL 400 mg once daily to Lodine XL 500 mg twice daily.
The dose of Lodine® XL (etodolac extended-release) that your healthcare provider prescribes will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition you are being treated for
- Your body weight
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Lodine XL dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
For juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended Lodine XL dose is based on weight. The actual dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will range from Lodine XL 400 mg once a day to Lodine XL 500 mg twice a day.
Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
For osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis symptoms, the recommended Lodine XL dosage ranges from 400 mg to 1000 mg given once daily.
For people with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, Lodine XL may take up to several weeks before it begins to work to its full potential.
Some considerations for people taking Lodine XL include:
- Your Lodine XL dosage should be taken with a glass of water. Taking it with milk or food may prevent an upset stomach.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the Lodine XL tablets.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the chances of developing serious side effects.
- Lodine XL should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of medicine in your blood.
- For Lodine XL to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Lodine XL will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Lodine XL as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is close to the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not double the dose at one time or take with other NSAIDs. It is okay to take it with acetaminophen (Tylenol®).
- If you are unsure about anything related to Lodine XL or your Lodine XL dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Lodine XL without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.