Arthritis Home > Precautions and Warnings With Sulindac
It's important to be aware of sulindac's precautions and warnings, including side effects or complications that may occur. Sulindac may cause high blood pressure, vision problems, or a severe rash. Warnings with this medication also extend to people who have an active bleeding condition; have an allergic reaction, hives, or asthma in response to aspirin or other NSAIDs; and women in their third trimester of pregnancy.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Kidney stones
- Bleeding problems or are taking medicines that decrease the blood's ability to clot
- Nasal polyps
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE)
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of either condition
- Any allergies to medicines, including aspirin or other NSAIDs.
Let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol frequently
- Are having or have recently had heart surgery.
Also, tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.