Arthritis Home > Tylenol
- Tylenol comes in a variety of forms, including tablets, caplets, gel tabs, chewable tablets, and liquid. It is usually taken by mouth every four to six hours as needed.
- Two long-acting forms are also available: Tylenol Arthritis Pain and Tylenol 8 Hour. These products contain one layer that dissolves quickly for rapid pain relief and a second layer that dissolves slowly. These products are taken every eight hours.
- Tylenol can be taken with or without food. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is important to keep track of how much Tylenol you take, as it is easy to take too much (see Tylenol Poisoning). It is important to remember that acetaminophen (the active ingredient of it) is found in many medications, both prescription and non-prescription.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- Your age
- The particular product
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.