Arthritis Home > Vimovo Warnings and Precautions
Make sure your healthcare provider is aware of any other medical problems you have, such as asthma, heart disease, or bleeding problems, before beginning treatment with Vimovo. This medication can also cause drug interactions, so tell your healthcare provider about any other medications, vitamins, or supplements you are taking. Other precautions and warnings with Vimovo apply to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Vimovo™ (naproxen/esomeprazole magnesium) if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Low magnesium levels in the blood (hypomagnesemia)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Bleeding problems (or are taking a blood-thinning medication)
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of these problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to medications, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Have recently had heart surgery.