Arthritis Home > Zydone Dosage
General Information on Dosing With ZydoneConsiderations for people taking Zydone include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually every four to six hours as needed for pain.
- Be careful not to exceed the maximum recommended daily dose, as this could lead to overdose symptoms or to poisoning from the acetaminophen component, which can cause liver failure.
- Zydone is either taken "as needed" or on a scheduled basis. "As needed" means you will only take a dose if you are experiencing pain (if you are not in pain, you will skip the dose), while "scheduled use" means you should take it on schedule, even if you are not in pain. Most healthcare providers prescribe Zydone on an "as needed" basis, rather than a scheduled basis. In some situations, a scheduled basis is appropriate, such as in people with constant cancer-related pain.
- It is best to take Zydone with food, as this may help reduce nausea and vomiting.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose without your healthcare provider's approval. Do not suddenly stop taking Zydone, especially if you have taken it regularly for more than several weeks.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Zydone dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.