The recommended starting dosage of Mobic for people with rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis symptoms is 7.5 mg once daily. If symptoms do not improve, your healthcare provider may increase your dosage up to 15 mg per day. For treating juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended daily dose is determined by body weight and is usually 0.124 mg/kg.
Mobic Dosage: An Introduction
The dose of Mobic® (meloxicam) your healthcare provider prescribes will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age and weight
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dose of Mobic for Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
For juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended dose is based on weight and is generally 0.125 mg/kg taken once daily. The liquid form of Mobic is typically recommended for smaller children to allow for more accurate dosing.
The maximum recommended daily dosage of Mobic is 7.5 mg.
Mobic Dosage for Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid ArthritisFor osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis symptoms, the recommended starting dose is Mobic 7.5 mg once a day. If symptoms do not improve, your doctor may recommend increasing the amount. The maximum recommended daily dosage is 15 mg.
For people with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, it may take Mobic several weeks to begin to work to its full potential.
General Information on Dosing With Mobic
Some considerations for people taking Mobic include the following:
- Your dose should be taken with a glass of water. Taking it with milk or food may prevent an upset stomach.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the chances of serious side effects occurring.
- Mobic should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Mobic to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you do not take the medication as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your normal schedule. Do not take a double dose at one time or take your dose with other NSAIDs. It is okay to take Mobic with acetaminophen (Tylenol®).
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Mobic dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.