Some general considerations for when and how to take Mobic include the following:
- The medication comes in a tablet or liquid form that is taken by mouth.
- Your Mobic dosage should be taken with a glass of water. Taking it with milk or food may prevent an upset stomach.
- For osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, it may take several weeks for Mobic to begin working to its full potential.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the chances of serious side effects occurring.
- Mobic should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Mobic to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider prescribes.
The dose of Mobic your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age and weight
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Mobic Dosage for more information.)