Mobic Precautions and Warnings
There are a number of things you should be aware of before you take Mobic. Precautions and warnings for the drug include potential drug interactions, the risk of a heart attack or stroke in some people taking the medicine, and the safety of taking it if you are pregnant or have cardiovascular disease or risk factors for cardiovascular disease. There are also certain people who should not take Mobic at all, such as those who have an active bleeding condition.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or failure
- Kidney disease or failure
- Bleeding problems (or if you are taking medicines that decrease the ability of your blood to clot)
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of either condition
- Any allergies to medicines, including aspirin or other NSAID pain medicines.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol frequently
- Are having or have recently had heart surgery.
Also, tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.