Dosing With Nabumetone
The recommended starting dosage of nabumetone for symptoms of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis is 1000 mg once a day or divided into a twice-daily dose. The maximum recommended daily dose of this medication is 2000 mg. Nabumetone may be taken with or without food but should be taken with a glass of water. Talk with your healthcare provider if you are unsure about anything related to your dosage.
Dosing With Nabumetone: An IntroductionThe dose of nabumetone (Relafen®) your healthcare provider prescribes will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your weight
- The medical condition you are being treated for
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your nabumetone dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
For osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis symptoms, the recommended starting dose is nabumetone 1000 mg once a day or divided into a twice-daily dose. It can be taken with or without food. The maximum recommended daily dosage of this medication is 2000 mg.
For people with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, it may take several weeks for nabumetone to begin working to its full potential.
- Your nabumetone dosage should be taken with a glass of water. Taking it with milk or food may prevent an upset stomach.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will reduce the risk of serious side effects.
- Nabumetone should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For nabumetone to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you do not take your nabumetone as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is close to the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take double the dose at one time or take it with other NSAIDs. It is okay to take it with acetaminophen (Tylenol®).
- If you are unsure about anything related to nabumetone or your nabumetone dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking nabumetone without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.