Naproxen 375 Mg Tablets
As a type of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), naproxen (brand names include Aleve®, Naprosyn®, EC-Naprosyn®, Anaprox®, Anaprox® DS, and Naprelan®) is a medication used to treat pain, inflammation, and stiffness caused by many conditions. These conditions include:
This medication is available in a number of strengths and is available both over-the-counter (OTC) and by prescription. Prescription-strength naproxen is available in the following strengths:
- Naproxen 250 mg tablets
- Naproxen 375 mg tablets (immediate, delayed, and extended-release)
- Naproxen 500 mg tablets (immediate, delayed, and extended-release)
- Naproxen 125 mg/5 mL oral suspension -- one teaspoon (5 mL) contains 125 mg of naproxen
- Naproxen Sodium 275 mg tablets
- Naproxen Sodium 550 mg tablets.
Some of the factors that will determine which strength you should take include the cause of your pain, your age, and whether you are taking any other medications.
(Click Naproxen Dosage for more details on when and how to take this medication. This article discusses the dosing guidelines for 375-mg naproxen tablets and provides tips on how to take each dose safely and effectively.)