When and How to Use PennsaidSome general considerations to keep in mind when using this product include the following:
- Pennsaid is usually applied to the skin two to four times a day, depending on the strength of the product you're using.
- Apply the solution to clean, dry, unbroken skin. The skin should be free of cuts, infections, or rashes.
- For the 1.5% solution, apply the solution only 10 drops at a time (either directly onto the knee or into a hand first) in order to help prevent spillage. Repeat until you reach the total recommended number of drops. Spread the solution around all sides of the knee evenly.
- For the 2% solution, pump out the recommended dose (usually two pumps) into your hand before spreading it all around the knee.
- Wash your hands after applying Pennsaid.
- Wait until the skin is dry before applying lotions, cosmetics, insect repellents, or any other products, or before putting on any clothing over the area.
- Do not shower, bathe, or swim for at least 30 minutes after applying the solution.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Pennsaid will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThis product comes in two different strengths, and the dosing information is different for the two strengths. As always, do not adjust this amount unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Pennsaid Dosage for more information.)