Generic Sulindac

As with the brand-name drug, the generic version of sulindac is used to treat pain and inflammation associated with various conditions, such as arthritis. The medicine is available under the name Sulindac tablets and is available in several strengths. Now that the patent for the original drug has expired, several companies manufacture generic sulindac, including Mylan Laboratories, Watson Pharmaceuticals, and Mutual Pharmaceuticals.

Generic Sulindac: An Overview

Sulindac (Clinoril®) is a medication that has been licensed to treat several conditions. Some sulindac uses include the following:
  • Pain relief, such as for pain following a procedure, from muscle strain, or caused by inflammation in a tendon (tendonitis) or bursa (bursitis). It can also be used to treat general pain, such as knee pain, back pain, or foot pain.
  • Treatment of arthritis symptoms, including pain, stiffness, and swelling. Sulindac can be used to treat several different types of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and gout. However, sulindac does not cure these types of arthritis, nor does it change their progression.
Sulindac was originally developed by Merck & Co. The drug has since come off-patent, which means it can now be produced in a generic form.

Strengths of Generic Sulindac

Generic versions are sold under the name Sulindac tablets and are available in several strengths, including:
  • Sulindac 150 mg tablets
  • Sulindac 200 mg tablets.

Who Makes a Generic Version?

Generic sulindac is currently manufactured by a number of companies, such as:
  • Mylan Laboratories
  • Watson Pharmaceuticals
  • Mutual Pharmaceuticals.
Top Foods to Fight Inflammation

Sulindac Info

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2019 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.