Your recommended dosage of Uloric will vary based on several factors, such as how you respond to Uloric, other medical conditions you may have, and other medications you are taking. Generally, the recommended starting dosage is 40 mg once daily. If after two weeks, your uric acid levels are not sufficiently low, your dosage may be increased to 80 mg once daily.
Uloric Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Uloric® (febuxostat) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Uloric
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dosing for GoutThe recommended starting Uloric dosage is 40 mg once daily. After two weeks, your healthcare provider should check your uric acid level (using a blood test). If your level is not sufficiently low (6 mg/dL or less), the dosage may be increased to 80 mg once daily.
General Information on Dosing With UloricSome considerations for people taking Uloric include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- It does not matter if you take Uloric with food or on an empty stomach. If the medication seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with a little food.
- Make sure to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.