- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- It does not matter if you take it with food or on an empty stomach. If the medication seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with a little food.
- Make sure to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Uloric that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Uloric
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Uloric Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of UloricAs with any medicine, Uloric can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. Most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Uloric include, but are not limited to:
- Joint pain
- Gout flares
- Liver problems.
(Click Uloric Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)