- Voltaren Gel is usually applied to the skin four times a day.
- Apply the gel to clean, dry, unbroken skin. The skin should be free of cuts, infections, or rashes.
- Do not apply a bandage or use a heating pad over the area of application.
- Do not use lotions, cosmetics, insect repellants, or any other products on the skin where you apply the gel.
- Voltaren Gel comes with special dosing cards used to help you accurately measure the dose. One card is used for each dose.
- Wash your hands after applying the gel, unless you are treating your hands.
- Wait 10 minutes before putting on any clothing over the area of application.
- Do not shower, bathe, or swim for at least one hour after applying the gel.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Voltaren Gel will not work if you stop taking it.
Voltaren Gel Dosing InformationThe dose your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The area of the body being treated
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Voltaren Gel Dosage for more information.)