Important Facts About Voltaren
Effects of VoltarenBy blocking the production of prostaglandins, Voltaren is useful at reducing pain, inflammation, and joint swelling associated with different forms of arthritis and other diseases.
When and How Do I Take It?General considerations for when and how to take Voltaren include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth.
- It is usually recommended to take NSAIDs (like this medication) with food to help prevent stomach upset. However, food may cause this medication to work more slowly.
- Voltaren and Voltaren-XR tablets should be swallowed whole. They should not be chewed, crushed, or broken in half.
- It may take several weeks for the full effects of Voltaren to be felt.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the chance of serious side effects.
- Voltaren should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Voltaren to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Voltaren your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The particular Voltaren product
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Voltaren Dosage for more information.)